Beitrag Di 30. Mär 2021, 22:33

How To Select The Very Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #128

6 Cigar Humidification Methods

Now that you have a good comprehension of what a hygrometer does and what can occur if your humidity is too high or too low, let's talk about how to really control the humidity in your humidor. Regrettably, you can't just use a moist paper towel in a ziplock bag...

1. The Hockey Puck Humidification Method
The unofficial hockey puck method was my first way to control the humidity in my humidor and boy was it stressful. This is the"puck" which is included with humidors the majority of the time and needs you to soak it into propylene glycol. I found it for a bit of a guessing game because you need to make sure your"puck" doesn't run out of juice. It had been mainly stressful because I utilized the free version from my humidor so results may vary. I only had to re-soak every 30-45 days and found it to be more consistent. Soaking a humidor puck is very easy. It takes about 30 seconds and you just buy the propylene glycol separately. This solution is odorless and only replaces water as a more pure form of moisture. Using tap water can create problems because of chlorine or other substances, and bottled water will not stay moist as long as propylene glycol.

2. The Tubes or Mini Jars Cigar Humidification Method
Xikar and Drymistat make quite simple to use products which you can merely open and pop it into a humidor such as this
humidor. These have a much more controlled way of managing humidity than the puck method. The only bad thing is that you need to replace these completely most of the time every 3-6 months completely. I don't advise attempting to"re-soak" them with the propylene glycol. The beauty of them, particularly the tubes, is they don't occupy much space in your humidor. However, depending on how big the jar format may work better:

3. The Boveda Packs Cigar Humidification Method
Similar to the jar or tubes from Xikar and Drymistat, you can go with a very controlled method of Boveda humidity packs. These are my favourite cigar humidification method and ones that I utilize for my tupperdor today. However, they could err a little on the large side concerning humidity should you use them at a tupperdor. I'd like to go several percentages lower than your desired humidity as a result if you have a tupperdor. (These packs are available in all different humidity levels.) Otherwise they do a great job of absorbing humidity if it's too high and growing if it is too low. Once your package is stiff, you then just throw it away. That being said, many claim to have the ability to recharge these very easily by simply soaking them for a few days after they get stiff. Although this may be a great way to spend less, the recharged packs definitely will not be as precise as an original. To discover more about the way to recharge, take a look at this YouTube tutorial. For me personally, I don't recharge because I'm going to spend hundreds of bucks on cigars, I do not want to cut corners to save a few dollars on Boveda packs.

4. The Heartfelt Beads Humidification Method
Heartfelt beads are a common humidity method that many advocate across java forums. This provider revolves around these beads and they've a great deal of diehard followers to their merchandise. These are popular with larger humidors or even wineadors. These are most likely one of the more expensive choices but continue forever. They do require spraying of water following week or two though so you've got to abide by a schedule. This way is a bit more geared towards the more advanced cigar collectors. Typically, cigar collectors will have a pouch of those beads or a layer at the base of their wineador.

5. The Electric Cigar Humidification Method
There is nothing better than the place it and overlook an electric humidifier, especially in the event that you have a big or valuable set. These are a bit expensive when compared with the other options such as
arc 14s but there is the advantage of very little upkeep. The components work great if plugged in -- so you'll be asked to conduct a flat cable into the exterior of your humidor. However a few of those units have some really cool features like wi-fi capacities and can humidify up to 1,000 cigars! (That would be a good deal of Boveda packs...) You really do have to replace the cartridge every 6 -- 12 weeks but it's relatively inexpensive.

6. The Kitty Litter Cigar Humidification Method
For a larger wineador installation, many recommend kitty litter as a viable option to control humidity. This is a very similar method to the Heartfelt beads strategy outlined above. The key is to get a kitty litter without a fragrance and spray distilled water every two to three weeks as required. I've seen very positive reviews out of Exquisicat Crystals with very low fructose nor scent.