The Way To Pick The Very Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #040

Dieses Forum dient zum Informationsaustausch der User und der Moderatoren und Administratoren.

Wie Anfrage einer neuen Gruppe oder eines neuen Sprachpakets, aber auch Bekanntmachungen wie neues Update.
Dieses Forum ist nicht zur Unterhaltung der einzelnen Benutzer gedacht.

Masterschreiber

Beitrag Di 30. Mär 2021, 22:52

The Way To Pick The Very Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #040

6 Cigar Humidification Methods

Now you have a solid comprehension of exactly what a hygrometer does and everything can occur if your humidity is too high or too low, let us discuss how to really control the humidity in your humidor. Unfortunately, you can not just use a moist paper towel in a ziplock bag...

1. The Hockey Puck Humidification Method
The unofficial hockey puck method was my very first means to control the humidity in my humidor and boy was it trying. This is actually the"puck" that is included with humidors the majority of the time and requires one to boil it into propylene glycol. I discovered it to be a little bit of a guessing game since you have to be sure that your"puck" does not run out of juice. It had been mostly stressful since I used the free version in my humidor so results may vary. I found that I needed to soak the puck every 15 days or so using a humidor of 30 cigars. I just had to re-soak each 30-45 days and found it to be more consistent. Soaking a humidor puck is very simple. It takes approximately 30 seconds and you just buy the propylene glycol separately. This solution is odorless and just replaces water as a pure form of moisture. Using tap water can cause issues due to chlorine or other substances, and bottled water will not stay moist as long as propylene glycol.

2. The Tubes or Mini Jars Cigar Humidification Method
Xikar and Drymistat make quite simple to use products that you can just open and pop it into a humidor such as this
bey-berk humidor. These include a much more controlled method of managing humidity compared to the puck technique. The only bad thing is that you have to replace these entirely most of the time each 3-6 weeks completely. I don't recommend trying to"re-soak" them together with the propylene glycol. The beauty of them, especially the tubes is they don't take up much room in your humidor. But, depending on how big the jar arrangement will work better:

3. The Boveda Packs Cigar Humidification Method
Similar to the tubes or jar from Xikar and Drymistat, you can go with a very controlled system of Boveda humidity packs. These are my favorite cigar humidification strategy and ones that I utilize for my tupperdor today. But they could err a little on the high side concerning humidity should you use them at a tupperdor. I would aim to go a few percentages lower in the preferred humidity for a consequence when you have a tupperdor. (These packs come in all different humidity levels.) Otherwise they do a fantastic job of absorbing humidity if it's too high and increasing if it's too low. Once your pack is stiff, then you simply throw it off. That being said, many claim to have the ability to recharge these quite easily simply by soaking them for a few days once they become stiff. Even though this might be a great way to spend less, the recharged packs definitely won't be as precise as an original. To find out more about how to recharge, take a look at this YouTube tutorial. For me personally, I really don't recharge because I'm going to spend hundreds of bucks on cigars, I don't wish to cut corners to save a couple bucks on Boveda packs.

4. The Heartfelt Beads Humidification Method
Heartfelt beads are a common humidity method that many recommend across java forums. This company revolves round these beads and they've a lot of diehard followers to their product. These are popular with larger humidors or wineadors. These are most likely one of the costlier options but continue forever. They do need spraying of distilled water following two or week though so you've got to stick to a schedule. This way is a bit more geared towards the advanced cigar collectors. Typically, cigar collectors will have a pouch of those a coating at the base of the wineador.

5. The Electric Cigar Humidification Method
There is nothing greater than the set it and forget of a electric humidifier, especially in the event that you have a large or precious set. All these are a little expensive when compared with the other choices such as
large humidor but there's the advantage of very little upkeep. The components also work best if plugged -- so you will be required to run a level cable into the exterior of your humidor. However a few of those units have a few really cool features like wi-fi capabilities and can humidify around 1,000 cigars! (That could be a good deal of Boveda packs...) You do have to replace the cartridge every 6 -- 12 weeks but it's relatively inexpensive.

6. The Kitty Litter Cigar Humidification Method
For a bigger wineador installation, many advocate kitty litter as a viable choice to control humidity. This is a very similar method to this Heartfelt beads strategy outlined above. The key is to obtain a kitty litter without a fragrance and spray on distilled water every two to three weeks as required. I have seen very positive reviews out of Exquisicat Crystals with very low dust nor scent.

Zurück zu Infos