Beitrag Sa 15. Feb 2020, 09:00

Matt Carpenter when the two-time

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Even when things go horribly wrong on the road, the St. Louis Cardinals can always count on one soothing stop. No matter how deep their slump, itll end in Cincinnati. Matt Carpenter broke his 0-for-23 slump with a bases-loaded double during the decisive rally, and the Cardinals ended a tough trip on the upswing by beating the Reds 15-2 on Sunday. The Cardinals went 3-8 on a trip that included seven straight losses -- four of them in Pittsburgh, allowing the Pirates to overtake them for the NL Central lead. On their final stop, an offence that couldnt do much of anything found a little bit of everything. "Offensively, we did a terrific job," manager Mike Matheny said. "We had a little bit of everything -- some power, some good situational hitting, made the (defensive) plays." Its been like that against the Reds lately. St. Louis took two of three at Great American Ball Park and has won its last six series against Cincinnati, its best such stretch against the Reds since 2003-04. The Cardinals lead the season series 8-4. "Some teams you play better than others, but theyve got our number for sure," said Reds starter Mike Leake (10-5), who gave up a season-high seven runs. "They play us tough. Its on us to try to figure them out because theyve got us figured out for the most part." The Cardinals scored their most runs against Cincinnati since 1993. Theyve scored at least 10 runs against the Reds in four games this season, the first time theyve done that since 1980. Carpenters two-run double off the wall completed a five-run rally in the sixth against Leake and two relievers, setting up another blowout. "Its a great feeling," Carpenter said. "Its even better that we come back and win the series in a convincing fashion. It was fun to join in on the action." Matt Adams, David Freese and Tony Cruz homered for the Cardinals, who have scored 13, 13, 3 and 15 runs in their last four games. St. Louis finished with 19 hits and a season high in runs. Every starter except Lance Lynn drove in at least one run. Lynn (13-5) allowed four hits in eight innings, including Zack Cozarts two-run homer. Lynn struck out a season-high 11 and joined Adam Wainwright as 13-game winners in a rotation that has the NLs third-best ERA. "I had pretty good command of all four pitches, and I was able to use all of them on both sides of the plate," Lynn said. "That makes it a lot easier to pitch. Between my last three starts, Ive had the best stuff Ive had all year. " The Reds have dropped seven of nine, leaving the defending NL Central champions marooned in third place. The Cardinals scored in the first inning of all three games of the series. They scored four off Bronson Arroyo on Friday night, one on Saturday and four more on Sunday off Leake, who had allowed a total of four runs in his last three starts combined. Matt Holliday and Freese had RBI doubles, and Adams hit a two-run homer -- his first since July 6 -- for the 4-0 lead only 19 pitches into the game. Holliday improved to 9 for 20 career off Leake. The Cardinals sent 10 batters to the plate for five runs in the sixth, aided by a pair of errors. They opened the inning with five consecutive hits, and Carpenters two-run double off Logan Ondrusek made it 9-2 and gave the second baseman relief from his personal slump. "At that point, I was so relieved to just put the barrel of the bat on the ball that I didnt care what happened," Carpenter said. The Cardinals hit only nine homers in July, including one after the All-Star break. They had six in three days at Great American Ball Park. Reds third baseman Todd Frazier went without a hit for his ninth straight game, leaving him in an 0-for-28 slump. Its the longest by a Reds player since Drew Stubbs went 0 for 32 midway through last season. Notes: The Cardinals play 17 of their next 24 games at Busch Stadium. They open a 10-game homestand on Monday against the Dodgers, with Wainwright trying for his 14th victory. ... The Reds are off on Monday before resuming their homestand with a pair of games against the Athletics. ... Cardinals OF Carlos Beltran got a day of rest. ... Reds LH reliever Sean Marshall and RH starter Johnny Cueto still havent resumed throwing. Marshall, on the DL since May 24 with a sore left shoulder, had a setback before the All-Star break. Cueto has been sidelined since June 5 with a strained muscle in the back of his shoulder. Vapormax 2019 Donna . -- Ohio States Urban Meyer has never had any issue acclimating to the biggest stages in college football. Vapormax Off White Bianche . Hazard cut in from the left and scored with a swerving right-footed shot for ninth goal of the season, which proved to be enough for the victory despite Chelseas forwards again lacking a cutting edge up front. http://www.scarpevapormaxscontate.it/vapormax-flyknit-3-italia.html . Isner, ranked No. 14, won his eighth career singles title and took the title in New Zealand for the second time after his victory in 2010. The match was similar to Isners quarterfinal victory over fifth-seeded Philipp Kohlschreiber which went to three sets, all tiebreaks and contained no breaks of serve. Vapormax Plus Grigie . Denis Coderre, the former federal MP who was elected mayor on Nov. 3, has drawn the ire of some Montreal Canadiens. During last nights game he tweeted: "Hello? Can we get a one-way ticket to (minor-league) Hamilton for David Desharnais please. Vapormax 97 Scontate . -- Quarterback Will Finch threw for 252 yards and three touchdowns, and Yannick Harou rushed in two scores as the No. ST. LOUIS -- A much-maligned St. Louis Cardinals defense stepped up, and Adam Wainwright kept them busy.Wainwright pitched seven innings, Kolten Wong had a two-run triple and St. Louis turned four double plays in a 3-0 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers on Saturday.We played great, Wainwright said. Our guys made the plays when they needed to and swung the bats when they needed to.The Cardinals lead the majors with 64 errors. But they played a clean game against the Brewers, including double plays in the fourth, fifth and sixth for Wainwright.Jonathan Broxton got three outs and Seung Hwan Oh, a longtime closer in Japan and Korea, finished the seven-hitter for his first career save. Manager Mike Matheny removed Trevor Rosenthal from the closer role about a week ago.Whether its a young guy coming in or a more experienced pitcher, its nice to have a little more of a cushion, Matheny said.St. Louis improved to 6-2 against Milwaukee and goes for a three-game series sweep on Sunday.Milwaukee is 13-25 on the road and has lost 27 of its last 40 against the Cardinals. The Brewers have been shut out five times this season, three times by St. Louis.I dont know if I can speak for everybody but I know Im frustrated with every loss, Brewers starter Jimmy Nelson said. I dont care if its against a Pee Wee team or against the best team in the world.Wong made his first start at second base since June 4, replacing Matt Carpenter when the two-time All-Star took the day off to attend to a death in the family. Wong had been playing the outfield since being recalled from the minors and Matheny said thats where hell be when Carpenter returns.I definitely see second base as my position and I know Ill be back there soon, Wong said. Its just now how this team is rolling Im just trying to get in the lineup wherever I can.Wongs drive eluded right fielder Ramon Flores bid for a diving catch in the third. Greg Garciia followed with a bunt hit on the squeeze on Nelson (5-7).ddddddddddddong has nine RBI on the year in 165 at-bats.I havent been driving the ball at all this year, so its been tough, Wong said. I love the feeling of driving in runs and driving the ball.The Brewers had a hit every inning against Wainwright (7-5), but had two runners just once in the fifth. Wainwright lowered his ERA to 4.70, shaking off a rough outing in which he surrendered six runs in five innings at Kansas City.Wainwright made his first appearance against Milwaukee since April 25, 2015, when he ruptured his left Achilles.Nelson allowed two earned runs in six innings. He is 0-6 in seven games, all but one of them starts, against the Cardinals.Nelson, Marco Estrada and Jordan Zimmermann are the only active pitchers with five career decisions against St. Louis and zero wins.I mean, thats in the past, Nelson said. This is the first time Ive thrown against them this year. Im different than I was last year.The start was delayed 92 minutes by rain.BIG DCardinals center fielder Tommy Pham made a nice catch on Chris Carters drive to the warning track in the sixth.MILESTONES MADECardinals catcher Yadier Molina got a standing ovation for his 1,500th hit, a single in the fourth. Wainwright has 128 career victories, tied for seventh on the franchise list with Harry Brecheen (1940-52).TRAINERS ROOMCardinals: RF Stephen Piscotty (left ankle) returned after missing two games.UP NEXTBrewers: Chase Anderson (4-8, 5.45 ERA) gets the ball in the series finale on Sunday. He gave up five earned runs in four innings his last time out.Cardinals: Michael Wacha (4-7, 4.42 ERA) has won two straight starts and is 3-0 with a 4.42 ERA for his career against Milwaukee. This year, he is just 1-4 with a 4.82 ERA at home. ' ' '