Beitrag Mi 12. Feb 2020, 10:52

I did like the way I swung the bat today

SPIELBERG, Austria -- Sergio Perez escaped unharmed after a brake failure on his Force India caused him to crash heavily on the penultimate lap of the Austrian Grand Prix.Perez suffered the failure on the entrance to Turn 3, skidding across the gravel before he hit the barriers head on. He was running eighth when the accident happened with just one and a half laps until the chequered flag.Its a big shame that we retired on the penultimate lap of the race, Perez said. Im feeling sad for the team because we really deserved some points. Yesterday and today we have been really unlucky, and its frustrating because weve been competitive here with our pace. The race was going really well and I thought we had the points in our pocket.Perez was hoping to snatch seventh in the knowledge Romain Grosjean had been caught speeding in the pit lane.I was pushing hard to stay close to Grosjean because I knew he had a five seconds time penalty. Then, on the final lap, going into turn three, I had no brakes and went straight on. I touched the barrier and damaged the front of the car, but Im perfectly OK. Its annoying because the team did everything right today and its just bad luck which stopped our great recovery. Clayton Keller Jersey . In the lead up - which seemed to begin the moment Mike Geiger blew the whistle in Houston last Thursday night - the Impact rumour mill went into overdrive. The speculation went into meltdown mode, of the golden nugget variety. Arizona Coyotes Shirts .com) - Yankee Stadium is the home of the Bronx Bombers, but on Sunday afternoon it will open its gates to host the latest addition of the Hudson River Rivalry. https://www.cheapcoyotes.com/538z-martin-hanzal-jersey-coyotes.html . James, who turned 29 on Monday, injured his groin Friday during the Heats overtime loss at Sacramento. He sat out the following game, a 108-107 win Saturday in Portland, before coming back to help send the Nuggets to their seventh consecutive loss. Arizona Coyotes Pro Shop .C. -- Todd Fiddler scored a hat trick, including the overtime goal, as the Prince George Cougars survived an 8-7 win against the Kamloops Blazers in Western Hockey League play Sunday. Kyle Turris Jersey . The native of Mont-Tremblant, Que., captured a World Cup downhill event Saturday, his second this year and fifth career victory on the circuit.TAMPA, Fla. -- Alex Rodriguez joked that it has been a long time since he last homered. Although he just missed getting one Sunday, A-Rod thought he was making progress. Rodriguez had a run-scoring double and two RBIs for Class A Tampa, his first extra-base hit during a minor league rehabilitation assignment. Rodriguez was 1 for 3 with a walk as the designated hitter against Bradenton. Coming back from hip surgery in January, he is scheduled to join Double-A Trenton for Mondays Eastern League game at Reading in Pennsylvania. "Im very excited to be going up, absolutely," Rodriguez said. "I think were on schedule. It was a very good week. Things are moving forward." Rodriguez is 3 for 21 (.143) with three RBIs and six strikeouts during his injury rehab. He drove in a run during the fifth with a double to the base of the centre-field fence at Steinbrenner Field. "I did like the way I swung the bat today," Rodriguez said. "That ball felt good off the bat. Id to see me do that back to back days, driving the ball a little more consistently." Rodriguez was credited with a second RBI on an unusual fielders choice. Right fielder Willy Garcia dropped Rodriguezs fly ball with two on, then threw to second for a forceout as the other runner scored from second base. "Thats one thing about A ball, you see things youve never seen before, and Ive never seen that, but that was pretty funny," Rodriguez said. "I think getting the ball in the air for me is probably the most important thing. Just getting the ball up into the air to centre field and the other way, to me, those are good signs." Rodriguez drew a firsst-inning walk and struck out on a foul tip that ended the third.dddddddddddd Rodriguez has played eight games for Tampa and Charleston, both Class A clubs. His rehab assignment can extend through July 21, after which he expects to return to the big leagues. "Thats the target, the 22nd," Rodriguez said, looking ahead to the Yankees game at the Texas Rangers. "Im very much looking forward to that date." Rodriguez said his legs feel fine as he advances to the next rehab step. He worked out on a back field Sunday for 35 minutes, taking 70 swings over eight rounds of batting practice and fielding 25 grounders. "The reports have been OK," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said in New York. "Physically hes doing OK, and just keep rehabbing and trying to lengthen him out, play him a couple of days in a row and see what we have after the 20 days." Rodriguez met Friday in the Tampa with Major League Baseball officials investigating the distribution of performance-enhancing drugs. MLB investigators are looking into the closed anti-aging clinic Biogenesis. Rodriguez has said he used PEDs while with Texas from 2001-03 but has denied using them since. He was linked to Biogenesis in a report in January by Miami New Times. Rodriguez has said that he has been told not to discuss the situation. "Im going to let the due process play out," Rodriguez said. Asked about a report Sunday in the New York Daily News that his lawyers are discussing whether to seek an agreement from MLB on a 150-game suspension rather than face a possible lengthier ban, Rodriguez responded: "I dont know anything about that." ' ' '