Beitrag Mi 12. Feb 2020, 10:31

the Kings snapped their five-game losing

CYPRESS, Calif. -- Abel Tasman was seventh of nine early in Saturdays $301,380 Starlet Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Los Alamitos, a position that surprised jockey Joe Talamo.We thought wed be closer to the front, Talamo said.When several fillies got away from Abel Tasman through the first half-mile, Talamo altered strategy and put the filly in a stalking position. The adjusted plan worked perfectly. Abel Tasman ($27.20) rallied from fifth in the final three furlongs to score an upset win in the Grade 1 Starlet Stakes at 1-1/16 miles, beating 4-5 favorite American Gal.It worked out well, Talamo said. I was able to save ground on the first turn and on the backstretch.The win puts Abel Tasman among the leading prospects for the $400,000 Santa Anita Oaks at Santa Anita on April 8. The California division of 3-year-old fillies for 2017 is led by Champagne Room, the winner of the Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies at Santa Anita on Nov. 5.Abel Tasman won her third consecutive race, and stakes debut, in the Starlet for owner and breeder Clearsky Farms and trainer Simon Callaghan. By Quality Road, Abel Tasman won a maiden race at a mile in her second start at Santa Anita on Sept. 30 and an allowance race at seven furlongs at Del Mar on Nov. 18.Talamo has been the regular rider for Abel Tasman in her four starts.Callaghan expected Abel Tasman to be on or near the lead in the Starlet, which drew a field of nine.I thought shed be more forwardly placed, Callaghan said. I told Joe, Dont be afraid to put her on the lead.When she got outside, she got more comfortable. Shes a big filly and has a good stride.Abel Tasman moved outside of runners with a four-wide move early in the long stretch. She was third with a furlong to go, trailing American Gal by 1-1/2 lengths. Abel Tasman was timed in 1:42.25.American Gal was third in the BC Juvenile Fillies after a wide trip from an outside post in a field of 12. She had a wide trip through the Starlet, much to the frustration of jockey Mike Smith.It was the same kind of thing as the Breeders Cup, Smith said. I couldnt get behind them to get in and I couldnt get in front of them and get over. With a normal trip, maybe I win.American Gal finished 3-1/4 lengths in front of Mopotism, a 33-1 shot who is a maiden after three races.Tapped finished fourth, followed by Union Strike, Sandys Surprise, Berned, Fact of Life, and Go On Mary. Union Strike won the Grade 1 Del Mar Debutante on Sept. 3 and was sixth in the BC Juvenile Fillies.Abel Tasman has earned $247,860. She was supplemented to the Starlet for $10,000 when entries were taken on Wednesday.I think she was getting good at the right time, Callaghan said. I thought she had the stamina for it.We think a lot of her. Well be patient. Well back off and well get her ready for the Santa Anita Oaks. Tyrann Mathieu Jersey .C. United of Major League Soccer. United chose the defender in the second round of the 2013 MLS re-entry draft. Jason Spriggs Jersey . Los Angeles star goalie survived those perilous gymnastics with no problem, and he eventually backstopped the Kings to a skid-snapping win. Quick stopped 27 shots in his return from a 24-game injury absence, Jeff Carter scored the tiebreaking goal with 7:55 to play, and the Kings snapped their five-game losing streak with a 3-1 victory over the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday night. http://www.prochiefsauthentic.com/Youth-Joe-Montana-Elite-Jersey/ . The scientists believe the small earthquake during a Marshawn Lynch touchdown was likely greater than Lynchs famous "beast quake" touchdown run three years ago, which also came against New Orleans during a playoff game. Chad Henne Jersey . Note: The Calgary Flames announced Tuesday that Sean Monahan would not be made available to Canadas World Junior team. Eric Fisher Jersey . DAmigo scored twice in regulation and added the shootout winner as the Toronto Marlies edged the San Antonio Rampage 5-4 in American Hockey League action. WASHINGTON -- The Washington Nationals acquired reliever Marc Rzepczynski from Oakland on Thursday, giving the NL East leaders another lefty in the bullpen.Oakland also sent $500,000 to be paid on Sept. 30 to the Nationals for minor league infielder Max Schrock.The Nationals have reshaped their relief corps in the last month. They added closer Marc Melancon, traded Felipe Rivero, cut Jonathan Papelbon and put Sammy Solis on the disabled list.The 30-year-old Rzepczynski was 1-0 with a 3.00 ERA in 56 games this season.Its a necessary move because we only have one left-hander, Nationals manager Dusty Baker said of his bullpen. His stats and his track record are pretty good and I think he can help us.Rzepczynski joins Oliver Perez as lefties in the Washington bullpen.ddddddddddddThe 30-year-old Rzepczynski joins the sixth team of his major league career. He has pitched in 18 postseason games and helped the St. Louis Cardinals win the World Series in 2011.Rzepczynski had pitched well against lefties most of his career. But hes struggled against them this season and has been better against righties. His 70.5 percent ground-ball rate this season is second best in the majors behind Baltimore closer Zach Britton.The 21-year-old Schrock was a 13th-round pick in 2015. Hes hit a combined .333 with nine home runs, 68 RBI and 22 stolen bases at two Class A levels. ' ' '