Beitrag Mi 24. Apr 2019, 09:06

BELMONT, Mich. -- Mirim Lee won the Meijer LPGA Classic on S

BELMONT, Mich. -- Mirim Lee won the Meijer LPGA Classic on Sunday for her first LPGA Tour victory, beating fellow South Korean player Inbee Park with a birdie on the second hole of a playoff. "I (was) nervous 100 per cent," Lee said. "First time in playoff. Inbee Park is like a hero in Korea and all the young girls want to be her now in Korea." The long-hitting Lee drove into greenside bunker on the second extra hole -- the short par-4 17th -- and blasted out to 5 feet. After Parks 15-foot birdie try lipped out, Lee holed her putt for the victory. They each parred the 18th to open the playoff. Parks approach shot hit the cup on the way past and she missed a 15-foot birdie try. Lee two-putted from 35 feet. The 23-year-old Lee, a rookie on the LPGA Tour, closed with a 2-under 69 to match Park at 14-under 270 at Blythefield Country Club. Park, a 10-time tour winner, finished with a 70. Lee is projected to jump to 29th in the world ranking. She earned $225,000 to jump from 40th to eighth on the money list with $414,135. Her previous best was a second-place finish in Phoenix in March. Norways Suzann Pettersen was a stroke back after a 69. Park said the win will give Lee great confidence. "I think she was kind of, you know, thinking about whether she should come to the LPGA or whether she should stay in KLPGA," Park said. "but I think this will definitely make her see she made a good decision." Park said in the end the new blade putter she put in the bag this week let her down in the last round. "I felt I hit a good putt, but it just didnt go in," she said of the final birdie attempt. "The putter just wasnt there. It was nice to shoot under par, but Mirim played well in the playoff holes." Pettersen, seeking her first win this year after 14 in her career, said she just didnt hit enough good shots or drives on the back nine in the final round. "Its nice to get four solid rounds of competition in," she said. "Ive struggled this year, but it is coming. Disappointed to be one short, but it was nice to be back in contention straight after a three-week break." With three holes to play, Park, Pettersen and Lee were tied for the lead 14 under, but Pettersen had tree and sand troubles and made a bogey at 16 to fall a shot behind. Park and Lee each missed birdie chances at the 17th. On the 18th, Lee two-putted for par from 40 feet, and Park made a 6-foot par putt. Pettersen, who was playing in the group in front of Park for the day, birdied the first two holes and eagled the par-5 fifth -- hitting a 3-wood shot to 6 feet -- to tie Park at 15 under. Lee birdied the par-5 11th to pull within a shot of Park. After 10 consecutive pars, Park three-putted the par-3 14th for a bogey. It happened about the same time Pettersen was punching a shot from the trees to eight feet at 15 to set up a birdie and another tie. Lee, trailing most of the day by a shot or two, then joined Park and Pettersen at 14 under with a 5-foot birdie putt at 15. Japans Haru Nomura was fourth at 10-under after a 68. Germanys Sandra Gal, the first-round leader, was another stroke back after a 66. Top-ranked Stacy Lewis had her best round of the week with a 66 to tie for 11th at 6 under. The tournament was the first LPGA Tour event in Michigan since 2000 when the Oldsmobile Classic in East Lansing ended its nine-year run. Trey Burton Jersey . Only it wasnt the extended right pad of his old teammate Jonathan Bernier early in the final frame, it was James Reimer, who stole a night that was supposed to belong to the former King. Allen Robinson Jersey .C. - The Panthers will be without starting defensive tackle Star Lotulelei for Saturday nights NFC divisional playoff game against Seattle after undergoing surgery Wednesday to repair a broken bone in his foot. http://www.bearsfootballpro.com/Authent ... ersey/.com) - The Eastern Conference-leading Toronto Raptors are back in the great white north for a brief moment and will host the Dallas Mavericks Friday night from Air Canada Centre. Roquan Smith Jersey . -- Atlanta Braves pitcher Tommy Hanson is being checked for a possible concussion after blowing a tire on his way to the first workout of spring training. James Daniels Bears Jersey . While Minnesota takes aim at its eighth win of November, the Canadiens will try to post just their third victory in nine games this month.MANCHESTER, England -- Ashley Cole was left out of the England World Cup squad on Sunday, prompting the veteran Chelsea defender to announce his retirement from international duty. England coach Roy Hodgson said omitting the 33-year-old Cole was part of his plan to "look to the future," making it likely Luke Shaw will be the backup to Leighton Baines at left back in Brazil despite only making his international debut in March. Ahead of Mondays public squad announcement, Hodgson rang the players who were not among the 23 players being taken to Brazil. "I got the call from Roy and agree England team should be about the young players," Cole wrote on his Twitter account. "I think it best I retire from England team now ... like me or not, trust me its hurt me to stop playing for my country." After making his England debt in 2001, Cole went on to win 107 caps, the last coming in the 1-0 friendly win over Denmark in March. "Among many difficult decisions Ive had to make for my squad, not selecting Ashley was one of the hardest," Hodgson said. "Hes been an incredible competitor for England, to amass over a century of caps is a truly staggering achievement and he deserves enormous credit for the desire and brilliance which has shone through over the years he has represented his country. "There are few players who can be considered among the very best in the world, but Ashley in his prime was the best left back without question." Cole, who fell out of contention for England after losing his starting spot at Chelsea this season, endorsed Baines of Everton and Southampton teennager Shaw.dddddddddddd "Baines and Shaw are great players, proved this season, and are the future of this country, it was a pleasure to get 107 caps," Cole tweeted. Before England opens the World Cup against Italy on June 14, Hodgsons side has friendlies against Peru at Wembley Stadium, and Ecuador and Honduras in Miami. "We have a great manager and team and I wish them only success," Cole said. "I will be supporting them like a true fan." Hodgsons intention to take younger players in Brazil could see Chelsea teammate Frank Lampard also miss out on the World Cup despite 103 international appearances. The 20-year-old Everton midfielder Ross Barkley is being tipped as another youngster to make the squad as Hodgson blends a dynamic team to make an impact in Brazil. There was encouraging news for Hodgson on Sunday over midfielder Jack Wilshere, who returned to action for Arsenal after spending two months on the sidelines since fracturing his left foot in Englands friendly win over Denmark in March. "He can play now, so it shows you that there is no problem for him to be available for England," Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said after Sundays 2-0 win at Norwich. Another Arsenal midfielder, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, should also be fit for the World Cup despite being out for three weeks with a groin injury, according to Wenger. "He should reintegrate into the squad on Wednesday in normal training," said Wenger, whose side plays Hull in the FA Cup final on Saturday. "He will be available for Roy to pick him. I wouldnt be surprised if he was picked." Blackhawks Jerseys Store Cheap Wild Jerseys Cheap Red Wings Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Penguins Jerseys Store Capitals Jerseys For Sale Blues Jerseys Store Cheap Kings Jerseys Adidas Lightning Jerseys Stars Jerseys For Sale Cheap Predators Jerseys Ducks Store Sharks Jerseys For Sale Cheap Sabres Jerseys Rangers Jerseys For Sale ' ' '