Beitrag Mi 24. Apr 2019, 09:01

INZELL, Germany - Calgarys Gilmore Junio earned a silver med

INZELL, Germany - Calgarys Gilmore Junio earned a silver medal in the mens 500-metre race at a World Cup long track speedskating event. Junio posted a time of 35.02 seconds, finishing behind Ronald Mulder of the Netherlands, who won in 34.96. German Nico Ihle was third in 35.10. Junio earned his third career World Cup medal, all coming over 500 metres. The Canadian won gold in Salt Lake City in November 2013 and silver in Nagano, Japan in December 2012. Junio made headlines at last months Winter Games in Sochi when he gave up his spot in the mens 1,000-metre race to teammate Denny Morrison of Fort St. John, B.C., who went on to win the silver medal. Hayden Hurst Ravens Jersey . -- The Washington Redskins coaching staff distanced itself from other coaches Thursday by siding with ownership -- and not the players -- in the NFLs labour dispute. Jaleel Scott Ravens Jersey . The eighth-year point guard played in his 500th career game on Sunday, a 98-93 win over the Orlando Magic. Does he feel like hes played in that many games? "No," he said initially, before reconsidering. http://www.ravensrookiestore.com/Ravens ... wn-Jersey/. Strasburg (1-1) got 14 consecutive outs in one stretch and allowed only three hits, including Marcell Ozunas homer in the seventh. The right-handers lone walk was to the last batter he faced. Washingtons starter Wednesday, Jordan Zimmermann, left after a career-low 1 2-3 innings, leaving the bullpen "taxed," as manager Matt Williams put it. Kenny Young Jersey . Four years after winning gold on home ice in Vancouver, the Canadians will get a chance to make it two in a row Sunday against Sweden after beating the United States 1-0 in the Olympic semifinals Friday at Bolshoy Ice Dome. Robert Griffin III Ravens Jersey . It was the first game back in Columbus for Rangers star Rick Nash, the Blue Jackets franchise leader in goals, assists and games. He was given a standing ovation during a video tribute in the first period, but was booed loud and long after a second-period, two-handed shove up high on Columbus goalie Sergei Bobrovsky.ANAHEIM, Calif. -- The Los Angeles Angels had just won the opener of a pivotal three-game series against the team theyre chasing in the AL West, yet manager Mike Scioscia was still fuming about a replay reversal that took a home run away from Mike Trout. Trout ended up with an RBI double and Garrett Richards had another impressive outing, leading the Angels over the Oakland Athletics 4-1 Monday night for their fourth straight victory. The Angels pulled within 3 1/2 games of the As in the division. Oakland manager Bob Melvin challenged first base umpire Bob Davidsons home run call on Trouts towering drive to right field in the fifth inning, believing the ball was touched by a fan at the top of the 18-foot wall. After the call was overturned, Scioscia came out to argue and was ejected by Davidson. "I dont know how they overturned the home run. That ball was over the yellow line when it hit that guys glove. Theres no doubt," Scioscia said. "I dont know what they saw in New York -- and thats part of the frustration that I have with this whole system. Theres no way thats indisputable evidence that that was not a home run." Trout was running too hard to notice what happened. "I really didnt think I got enough of it to go out. I was thinking three bases the whole time," he said. "Running around second, I thought it hit high off the wall so I just put my head down and was busting it to third." Trouts only hit of the game drove in Hank Conger, who had bunted his way on and continued to second on the first of three throwing errors by third baseman Josh Donaldson -- two of which led to unearned runs. "Its just one of those things where it just kept building," Donaldson said. Richards (6-2) allowed a run and four hits, struck out four and walked none. The right-hander, who pitched four-hit ball through eight innings last Wednesday in a 4-0 win at Houston, gave up just two harmless singles over his final 5 1-3 innings against an offence that came in leading the majors in runs and on-base percentage. The last time Richards faced the As on May 30, he gave up five runs and got only two outs. He entered Monday 0-3 with a 7.50 ERA in his six previous career starts against the As. "I wasnt really thinking about it too much," Richards saaid.dddddddddddd "But in the back of your mind, you want to do better than you did. ... I felt like this time was my turn to come out and show them what Ive got." Joe Smith pitched a perfect eighth inning and Ernesto Frieri struck out the side in the ninth for his 11th save. Jesse Chavez (5-4) allowed three runs -- two earned -- and eight hits in six innings with five strikeouts. It was the ninth time in his 13 starts this season that he yielded fewer than three earned runs, but his record in those games is only 4-2. The Angels, coming off sweep of the Chicago White Sox, were out to avenge a three-game sweep by the Athletics 1 1/2 weeks earlier at Oakland. They broke a 1-all tie in the fourth with a bloop RBI single by Raul Ibanez. Ibanezs hit drove in David Freese, who drew a leadoff walk after walking all four times up in Sundays game. Stephen Vogt and Yoenis Cespedes each had two hits against Richards. Vogt opened the scoring in the second inning with a two-out RBI single after a double by Cespedes. Chavez hit Conger on the right elbow with his first pitch of the third, after Richards plunked John Jaso on the left foot with two out and the bases empty in the top half. Conger hustled to third on Kole Calhouns bloop single to left-centre and scored the tying run on a sacrifice fly by Trout, who was robbed of extra bases on a leaping catch by centre fielder Coco Crisp a few feet in front of the fence. Conger added an RBI single in the eighth against Jim Johnson. Scioscia said before the game that Tuesday nights scheduled starter, Tyler Skaggs, will go on the 15-day disabled list because of a right hamstring strain. Hector Santiago was expected to be recalled from Triple-A Salt Lake to make the start. NOTES: Scioscias ejection was his first this season and 37th since becoming Angels manager in 2000. ... The Athletics failed to hit a home run after getting at least one in each of their previous 16 games (27 total). ... Richards next start will be in Atlanta next weekend. He has allowed no more than two runs or five hits in any of his six road starts this season. ... Oakland 1B Alberto Callaspo, whom the As acquired from the Angels in July 2013, was 0 for 3 is hitless in 13 career at-bats against Richards. Blackhawks Jerseys Store Cheap Wild Jerseys Cheap Red Wings Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Penguins Jerseys Store Capitals Jerseys For Sale Blues Jerseys Store Cheap Kings Jerseys Adidas Lightning Jerseys Stars Jerseys For Sale Cheap Predators Jerseys Ducks Store Sharks Jerseys For Sale Cheap Sabres Jerseys Rangers Jerseys For Sale ' ' '