Beitrag Di 23. Apr 2019, 05:34

BARCELONA, Spain - Kei Nishikori of Japan beat Colombias San

BARCELONA, Spain - Kei Nishikori of Japan beat Colombias Santiago Giraldo 6-2, 6-2 to win the Barcelona Open on Sunday for his first career title on clay. Giraldo started well with an early break but an argument with the chair umpire about a line call seemed to rattle the unseeded player. Shortly afterward, Giraldo failed to reach Nishikoris drop shot before hitting a costly double-fault to cede back his serve. The fourth-seeded Nishikori went on to win eight straight games to claim the first set and take control of the match. He ended up converting five of seven break chances while Giraldo committed five double faults. Nishikori said he hopes his maiden win on clay will carry over to upcoming tournaments and the French Open. "This title and (my showing in) Miami helped my confidence, especially this week on clay," said Nishikori. "There are three big tournaments coming up in Madrid, Rome and Roland Garros so I hope I can do well and increase my (ranking) points. My next goal is to get to the top 10." It was Nishikoris fifth career title on all surfaces and his second of the year. This is the first time a non-Spaniard has won the tournament at the Real Club de Tenis since 1996. Rafael Nadal won the tournament eight times during that period. Nishikori is coached by former French Open winner Michael Chang and Dante Bottini. "I was good on clay when I was little," Nishikori said. "I was winning all the European juniors events. Now its much tougher than hard courts and I was struggling a bit, but Ive been playing well these past couple years so theres no fear to play on clay." Sergio Ramos Jersey . Rajon Rondo had 18 of Bostons season-high 38 assists and the Celtics committed just seven turnovers in a 118-111 win over the Detroit Pistons on Sunday night. Andres Iniesta Spain Jersey . MacArthur scored two goals, and the Senators outlasted Detroit in a testy third period to beat the Red Wings 4-2 on Saturday night. http://www.spainsoccerpro.com/Koke-Spain-Jersey/. Gorges is believed to have suffered the injury while blocking a shot with a hand during Montreals win over the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday. The Canadiens added to their defensive depth this week by acquiring veteran Mike Weaver from the Florida Panthers. David Silva Spain Jersey . The Indians scored twice in the top of the ninth, getting the go-ahead run on a wild pitch by closer Matt Lindstrom. Axford (0-1) came in seeking his fifth save in as many chances. Lucas Vazquez Jersey . Earnshaw, 31, most recently spent time on loan in Israel with Maccabi Tel Aviv from Welsh club Cardiff City, which plays in Englands second-tier League Championship. Earnshaw began his career with Cardiff Citys youth program and turned professional in 1998.Charlottesville, VA (SportsNetwork.com) - Missing 10 of its first 11 looks from beyond the arc, No. 4 Duke trailed by nine points late in the second half. Then the shots started falling. Quinn Cook made three 3-pointers in the final 4:38, Tyus Jones put the game away with a deep 3 with 10 seconds left and the Blue Devils went into Charlottesville and rallied late to stun No. 2 Virrginia, 69-63, handing the Cavaliers their first loss of the season.dddddddddddd Jones finished with 17 points while Cook and Justise Winslow netted 15 apiece for the Blue Devils (18-3, 5-3 ACC), who were primed to fall three games back in the ACC standings before closing the game on an 11-0 run. Malcolm Brogdon paced Virginia (19-1, 7-1) with 17 points, and Justin Anderson added 11. ' ' '