Beitrag Mo 9. Dez 2019, 11:34

the Canadian ski cross championship Friday

With the NHLs free agent signing period a day away, a few NHL teams are getting set by dumping contracts. Air Force 1 High Outlet . Calgary Flames defenceman Shane OBrien, Toronto Maple Leafs defenceman Tim Gleason and New Jersey Devils blueliner Anton Volchenkov were all placed on waivers at Noon et on Monday for the purpose of buyouts. By letting OBrien go, the Flames save $2 million off their salary cap. OBrien had one year left left on his contract and was owed $2.2 million in actual salary. OBrien, who signed a three-year deal with the Colorado Avalanche in 2012, was picked up off waivers by the Flames in January. Gleason, who has $4 million left in each of the next two seasons will be a non-compliance buyout that will affect the Leafs salary cap over the next four seasons. Toronto sent John-Michael Liles and the rights to prospect Dennis Robertson to the Carolina Hurricanes for Gleason on January 1. The move came one day after the club signed captain Dion Phaneuf to a seven-year extension. The Devils will clear $4.25 million in cap space each of the next two seasons by using their second and final compliance buyout on Volchenkov. Air Force 1 Yellow Outlet .com) - Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson lost an appeal to have his indefinite suspension overturned, the NFL announced Friday. Air Force 1 Mid Outlet .C. United to a 4-1 victory over short-handed FC Dallas on Saturday night. https://www.cheapairforce1outlet.com/air-force-1-womens-outlet/ . The Maple Leafs handed their embattled head coach a two-year contract extension on Thursday, while at the same time announcing that assistants Dave Farrish, Greg Cronin and Scott Gordon will not be back.BANFF, Alta. - Olympic gold medallist and World Cup champion Marielle Thompson won a photo finish to take top honours at the Canadian ski cross championship Friday. The 21-year-old from Whistler, B.C., beat out teammate Georgia Simmerling of West Vancouver, B.C., to cap off a notable season, which included gold at the Sochi Games and gold at the final World Cup race of the year to claim her second career Crystal Globe. With Simmerling hot on her heels in the womens final, a late lunge for the line by Thompson gave her victory by the slimmest of margins. "That was pretty exciting. I won by the length of a broken thumb," said Thompson, who tore a ligament in her thumb after crashing on a training run. "I guess you dont need thumbs for racing." Tristan Tafel, of Canmore, Alta., took the mens race after taking the lead at the first turn to secure his second national title. Simmerling finished in second place. "We were neck and neck out of the gate," Simmerling said of her duel with Thompson. "I was behind her the whole way. I tried to get her at the end but I tthink I just missed her by a hands length. Air Force 1 Store. " India Sherret, of Cranbrook, B.C., was third and veteran Danielle Sundquist, of Calgary was fourth. The mens final was dominated by Tafel after his teammate and World Cup star Brady Leman of Calgary — who was fourth at the Sochi Games — went off course. Matt Brady and Kevin Macdonald were second and third, respectively. "Im pretty excited," said Tafel, who had a tough season on the World Cup circuit. "We all had a really good start and it was extremely tight going into the first turn. Thats where I took the lead and kept it all the way down. "The young guys were skiing right on my tail at the finish — good for them." Fridays podium capped a good week for Macdonald, who won the overall Nor-Am Cup title to earn himself a World Cup spot for next season. Macdonald topped the ski cross Nor-Am standings with 922 points, with American Robert Mahre (743) finishing second. Tania Prymak of the U.S. won the womens title with 871 points, with Canadas Abby McEwen finishing second (750). ' ' '