Beitrag Do 28. Mär 2019, 05:26

l matters, and that Mr. Hickey will continue to report direc

BALTIMORE -- These Oakland Athletics, they wont back down. Cheap NFL Stitched Jerseys . Not when confronted by an angry opponent, not when theyre dodging inside fastballs and definitely not when trailing late in the game. Pinch-hitter Stephen Vogt singled in the tiebreaking run in the 11th inning, and the Athletics got home runs from Josh Donaldson and Derek Norris in a 4-3 victory over the Baltimore Orioles on Friday night. It was the sixth win in seven games for the Athletics, who own the best record in the AL (38-23) and the best road record in the majors (21-11). In the third inning, Donaldson tagged Manny Machado in the chest near third base for the third out, causing Machado to lose his balance and topple backward. Machado quickly stood up and yelled close-up at Donaldson, apparently questioning the force of the tag, and players from both sides crowded around the duo before Orioles manager Buck Showalter pulled Machado away. "I just tried to tag the guy. I was walking over there to go pick his helmet up for him, then he jumps up and starts yelling at me," Donaldson said. "I dont know what happened on his end, but Im just trying to do my job and play the game of baseball." Machado said: "Right play, he made the right play, but I just didnt agree on the tag that he made on me and I just had to get up and confront him. You get in the heat of the moment and things start flying." That appeared to be the end of it, but with two outs and nobody on in the sixth inning, Orioles starter Wei-Yin Chen threw an inside pitch near Donaldsons chin. After retreating from the batters box, Donaldson smiled knowingly. But he expressed anger minutes later, when Chen hit him with another inside fastball. "I understand them pitching in. Thats fine," Donaldson said. "It was just on my hand. (Baltimores) Nellie Cruz took one on the hand just the other day, and he doesnt seem too fond of that either." In the eighth, though, the As trailed 3-2. Pinch-hitter Coco Crisp drew a walk from Darren ODay, stole second and scored on a two-out single by Yoenis Cespedes. That led to Oaklands eighth win this season when trailing after seven innings. "We dont give up until that last out is made," Oakland starter Tommy Milone said. "You see if in the last few games, it seems like were always in every game, and we find ways to win." John Jaso led off the 11th with a pinch-hit double off Evan Meek (0-2). With one out, Gold Glove shortstop J.J. Hardy botched a grounder, his fourth error in two games. Meek went to third on the play and scored when Vogt hit a liner to left. Fernando Abad (1-2) worked the 10th and Sean Doolittle got three outs for his eighth save. The Orioles missed a chance to win it in the 10th when Nick Markakis was thrown out at the plate by Moss on Adam Jones one-out single to right. Cruz was then cut down trying to steal home. "Saw it, felt it, went for it, didnt work out," Baltimore manager Buck Showalter said. Prior to that, Chen retired 10 straight batters. Chen gave up two runs -- both on homers -- in 6 1-3 innings. Milone allowed three runs and eight hits in six innings. Donaldson put the As up 1-0 in the first with his 17th home run, and Norris connected leading off the second. Baltimore used three straight two-out singles, the last by rookie Jonathan Schoop, to get a run back in the bottom of the second. Chris Davis tied it in the fourth with an opposite-field drive to left, and Machado homered in the fifth for a 3-2 lead. NOTES: The Orioles put RHP Miguel Gonzalez (strained right oblique) on the 15-day DL, recalled RHP Tim Berry from Double-A Bowie, purchased the contract of Meek from Triple-A Norfolk and optioned RHP Preston Guilmet to the same club. ... Kevin Gausman replaced Gonzalez as Baltimores starter vs. Oakland on Saturday. The As will call upon right-hander Sonny Gray (6-1, 2.45 ERA). ... Former Orioles closer Jim Johnson returned to Baltimore for the first time since being traded during the off-season. "A lot of memories. Its obviously different going into a different clubhouse. Its cool," Johnson said. ... Oakland has homered in 14 straight games. ... LHP Johan Santana, who hoped to make a comeback with the Orioles, tore his Achilles tendon in extended spring training and is lost for the year. Cheap NFL Jerseys China . In taking its goal tally to 99 in all competitions already this season, City delivered another demonstration of its lethal firepower at Etihad Stadium to set up a fourth-round match at home to another second-tier team -- Watford. Cheap Jerseys Online . -- Caris LeVert had 14 points and a career-high 11 rebounds for his first career double-double, and No. http://www.wholesalestitchedchinajerseys.com/ . Jonathan Crompton led the team to a 40-9 win over the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Crompton threw three touchdown passes - two to Duron Carter and one to Brandon London - and Sean Whyte connected on four field goals to power the Alouettes to the win.MIAMI - The NFL weighed in on the confusing, conflicting explanations of the Miami Dolphins new power structure, saying the team didnt violate the Rooney Rule in hiring Mike Tannenbaum as executive vice-president of football operations.The rule requires teams to consider minority candidates when hiring for senior football operations positions, but that didnt apply to Tannenbaums new job, the league said Wednesday.We have discussed the hiring of Mike Tannenbaum for a senior football position with Dolphins owner Steve Ross, the league said in a statement. Mr. Ross has confirmed that general manager Dennis Hickey retains all of his prior authority over the draft and other personnel matters, and that Mr. Hickey will continue to report directly to Mr. Ross on these matters. Any public statement to the contrary is erroneous and does not accurately reflect the reporting structure at the Dolphins.In a news release announcing the hiring Tuesday, the Dolphins said Hickey would report directly to Tannenbaum. But the release also said Hickey would continue to lead the personnel and scouting departments and have control oof the 53-man roster. Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping. During a subsequent conference call with reporters, Tannenbaum said Hickey would have the final say on roster and draft decisions — but added he would be Hickeys boss.Dennis and all of the other departments will be reporting to me, said Tannenbaum, a former general manager for the New York Jets. Knowing what that GM job entails, one of the things that I hope and I know Steve hopes is Dennis will have more time to worry about scouting and all of that entails and running the scouting department.There are a ton of administrative things that come across your desk that Ill handle ... trying to take the big picture, when we see opportunities in analytics or innovation, trying to tie all of those things together. There are a lot of departments that go on in running a football team.The Dolphins had no comment Wednesday beyond noting the league statement.One thing has been made clear: coach Joe Philbin will continue to report directly to Ross.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL___Follow Steven Wine on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Steve_Wine ' ' '