Beitrag Mi 24. Apr 2019, 03:52

MIAMI -- Randy Wolf pitched six innings Monday night for his

MIAMI -- Randy Wolf pitched six innings Monday night for his first victory since 2012, and the Miami Marlins beat Tampa Bay 3-1, sending the Rays to their seventh consecutive loss. The 37-year-old Wolf, making a comeback from the second Tommy John surgery of his career, allowed three hits and one run. He struck out seven, walked one and won for the first time since he pitched Baltimore past Tampa Bay on Sept. 13, 2012. The Rays fell to 0-7 on their eight-game trip. Theyre 12 games below .500 for the first time since 2007, and their record (23-35) is the worst in the American League. Four Miami relievers completed the six-hitter, and Steve Cishek pitched a perfect ninth for his 12th save in 13 chances. The Marlins snapped a streak of four consecutive home losses as they started a four-game home-and-home series against their intrastate rivals. The Rays went 0 for 5 with runners in scoring position. Theyve scored six runs in their past five games. Alex Cobb (1-3) paid dearly for a rocky start. The Marlins scored three times in the first, when their first four batters reached. Casey McGehee hit a two-run single, and a bases-loaded double play scored another run. Cobb then settled down and shut out Miami over the next five innings, but the Rays couldnt rally. Tampa Bay starters remained winless in the past 15 games, the teams longest such streak since 2006. Wolf (1-1) didnt pitch in 2013 and was making his second start of this year. His fastball registered only in the upper 80s (mph), but he had command of his breaking pitches and struck out five of the first eight batters he faced. The Rays finally broke through in the fifth on an RBI double by Desmond Jennings, but Wolf retired the next three hitters. Wolf was signed as a free agent last month after ace Jose Fernandez was sidelined by a season-ending elbow injury. The left-hander improved his career record to 133-118. NOTES: Rays SS Yunel Escobar (quad) was back in the lineup after missing two starts. ... Tampa Bay RF Wil Myers (wrist), who went on the disabled list Sunday, is awaiting further test results but is expected to be sidelined three to six weeks, the team said. ... Rays RHP Jeremy Hellickson (elbow surgery) threw 50 pitches in a simulated game in Port Charlotte and said he felt good. Hell likely make at least three rehab starts but is on schedule to return before the All-Star break. ... Marlins 2B Derek Dietrich was given the night off after a succession of defensive gaffes. ... Before the first pitch, the wives of Marlins players beat the Rays wives in a softball game. ... Henderson Alvarez (2-3, 2.97 ERA) is scheduled to start Tuesday for Miami against Chris Archer (3-2, 4.00). Hugo Lloris Jersey .ca. In Sundays Blackhawks-Penguins game, Pittsburgh defenceman Brooks Orpik laid a huge hit on Chicagos Jonathan Toews. Now in my view, Orpik can be clearly seen leaving his feet while delivering a moderately high hit. Custom Tottenham Hotspur Jerseys . Simon (10-3) allowed three runs on five hits and three walks in 6 1-3 innings to break a tie with the Dodgers Zack Greinke and Cardinals Adam Wainwright for the NL lead in victories. Simon went to spring training as a relief pitcher and moved into the starting rotation when Mat Latos was recovering from elbow and knee surgeries. http://www.footballhotspurstore.com/Wom ... ur-Jersey/. No pretty goals on this night, just get to the front of the net and fight for a chance. Toby Alderweireld Jersey . Ashley Wagner will skate in the womens short program for a U.S. team thats in seventh place. Davis and White won the silver medal at the Vancouver Games and are two-time world champions. Ben Davies Jersey . Bobrovsky posted a 2-0-1 record with a 1.58 goals-against average and .950 save percentage to help the Blue Jackets (35-26-6) gain five of a possible six points last week. He capped the week by making 32 saves and stopping 2-of-4 shootout attempts in a 2-1 win over the Minnesota Wild on Saturday.With less than a week until the NHL Trade Deadline, check out the latest trade-related reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. Waiting Last Minute As per Arthur Staple of Newsday, barring a cant refuse offer from anyone in the next few days, New York Islanders general manager Garth Snow will go as close to the 3pm et deadline on Wednesday as possible to entice better offers for both Thomas Vanek and Andrew MacDonald. He adds that as games go on through the weekend, the number of suitors for MacDonald could go up. Staple also writes that the Islanders have no intention of trading goaltender Evgeni Nabokov. High Asking Price Chris Botta of The New York Times adds that the Islanders are asking for a first-round pick for MacDonald. He adds that theres a lot of interest in MacDonald, but CSNNE.com adds that such a demand is too much for the Boston Bruins, who are reportedly looking for a blueliner. Interest In Stewart? According to Bruce Garrioch of The Ottawa Sun, the Senators have an interest in St. Louis Blues winger Chris Stewart. Garrioch adds that Stewart could be part of a deal with the New York Rangers if the Blues are interested in Ryan Callahan. Staying The Course Larry Brooks of The New York Post writes that Rangers general manager Glen Sather and his front office are devoting their attention to evaluating personnel who might become available in trades for Ryan Callahan and Dan Girardi, with no progress made toward signing them to contract extensions. No Ones Business As Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger writes, no one should expect New Jersey Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur to announce publicly that he wants to be traded. Brodeur explained to Chere that he wont even wont say so unless a deal actually happens - and he hasnt even discussed the situation with general manager Lou Lamoriello.dddddddddddd "Oh, no. Its not going to be like that. I dont think so, anyway," Brodeur told the paper. "Its nobody elses business but mine as for the direction I want to go. "Its been tough because you go through ups and downs. The more questions Im asked, sometimes my answers change. Thats why in the last few weeks Ive been more quiet about it. Its on purpose, because I want to make sure my decision is an educated decision and there are no influences from the outside. Show up Thursday and youll know if Im on the plane to Detroit (where the Devils play Friday)." Chere also writes that Jaromir Jagr, who doesnt have a no-trade clause, hasnt spoken to Lamoriello about a trade option. "The one thing that is good about this team is we dont have much media coverage," Jagr told Chere. "Less media, less rumors and less trade rumors. I havent even heard any rumors. "Hey, Ive been traded twice during the season. From Dallas to Boston and to New York from Washington. Going to the Rangers from Washington, they told me they were trying to trade me so I was kind of expecting it. The last one, Dallas to Boston, I was surprised. For me its easier than somebody with a big family. I pack my stuff and go, if something happens. Or not go." No Change Of Heart Katie Carrera of The Washington Post reports that, to little surprise, Capitals forward Martin Erat is still looking to get out. Erat, back from representing the Czech Republic in the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games, said Wednesday he still wants the Capitals to trade him but declined to elaborate further. Capitals GM George McPhee said earlier this week that he planned to approach Erat again but didnt expect him to change of mind. Blackhawks Jerseys Store Cheap Wild Jerseys Cheap Red Wings Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Penguins Jerseys Store Capitals Jerseys For Sale Blues Jerseys Store Cheap Kings Jerseys Adidas Lightning Jerseys Stars Jerseys For Sale Cheap Predators Jerseys Ducks Store Sharks Jerseys For Sale Cheap Sabres Jerseys Rangers Jerseys For Sale ' ' '