Beitrag Di 23. Apr 2019, 02:47

BOSTON -- After years of giving pointers to football players

BOSTON -- After years of giving pointers to football players, Alex Ferguson will pass his knowledge along to executives. The former Manchester United manager has been hired by Harvard Business School for a long-term position. He will lecture to senior executives from around the world as part of a new program -- "The Business of Entertainment, Media and Sports." The hiring was announced Thursday. Anita Elberse, a professor of business administration, developed a case study in 2012 involving Ferguson, who retired after the 2012-13 season. Ferguson has participated in Elberses classes and called his time at Harvard a "stimulating experience." Under Ferguson, United won 13 Premier League titles, the Champions League twice and five FA Cups. Brahim Diaz Jersey . -- Catriona Matthew remained atop the Airbus LPGA Classic leaderboard Friday, birdieing four of the last seven holes to take a one-stroke advantage over Charley Hull into the weekend. Manchester City Jerseys . The team said Saturday that the 36-year-old Robidas is expected to miss four to six months, jeopardizing his return this season. He was injured when he slid hard into the boards in the second period of a 2-1 shootout loss to Chicago on Friday. http://www.authenticmanchestercityshop. ... ersey/.com) - Marian Gaborik scored his sixth goal in the last four games to help the Los Angeles Kings top the Arizona Coyotes, 4-2, Saturday at Staples Center. John Stones Jersey . Compared to what hes gone through in recent weeks, that seemed like a breeze. Speaking to The Associated Press on Friday at an NBA Cares event, Silver said hes thrilled that the leagues attention can be on the championship series between the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs -- and not, as it was for so much of the post-season, on the off-the-court matters involving the banishment of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling and now the looming sale of that franchise. Tosin Adarabioyo Jersey . Brandon Morrow allowed five runs on six hits over three innings. He struck out two, walked one and hit a batter. Edwin Encarnacion had a two-out, bases loaded two-RBI double in the third inning.CHICAGO -- All Masahiro Tanaka could do was put this one behind him and look forward to his next start. Hell be hard-pressed to match an unbeaten streak like this, though. Tanaka had his unbeaten regular-season run snapped at 42 starts, allowing a career-high four runs in six innings, and the Chicago Cubs beat the New York Yankees 6-1 on Tuesday night. The Cubs honoured the retiring Derek Jeter before the game, then handed Tanaka his first loss in nine major league starts. It was a surprising turn, considering Chicago came in with the majors worst record and the right-hander from Japan had been sensational. Tanaka (6-1) had been 34-0 in Japan and North America the last two seasons. He did drop Game 6 of the Japan Series last year before earning the save in Game 7. But post-season aside, he hadnt lost since the Seibu Lions beat the Rakuten Golden Eagles on Aug. 19, 2012. And yes, he was definitely proud of that streak. "I think I was able to get the streak going because I had support from my teammates," Tanaka said through an interpreter. "Im a little bit disappointed because I think a lot of the fans were looking for me to keep on winning. Next time out, Ill try to get a win again and get it going again." Luis Valbuena had three hits with two doubles and scored two runs for Chicago. John Baker had two hits, scored a run and drove in one. Mike Olt drove in three. Jason Hammel (5-2) pitched solid ball into the sixth and Hector Rondon retired Jeter on a grounder with the bases loaded in the ninth, preserving the win on a hot and rainy night with thunder and lightning. Tanaka had his worst outing, allowing eight hits to match a career high. He struck out seven and walked one but didnt really have his usual command. Manager Joe Girardi noticed some splitters up in the zone. Tanaka said there were issues with all his pitches, and Chicagos Starlin Castro thought there was a dip in velocity from last months meeting in New York, when he threw eight scoreless innings. Some Cubs players thought familiarity this time around helped, although Girardi dismissed that idea. "If he has his good splitterr tonight I think he gives a much better performance," he said.dddddddddddd "Since its the first time that he saw a team twice and they scored four runs, people are probably going to make a big deal out of it, but I think hes given up four runs before in a start. So I wouldnt make too much of it." Coming off his first major-league shutout against the Mets last week, Tanaka gave up RBI singles to Emilio Bonifacio in the third and to Olt in the fourth to make it 2-0. The Cubs added to their lead with two in the sixth on back-to-back sacrifice flies by Olt and Baker after Mark Teixeira singled in a run in the top half for New York. That was enough for Hammel, who allowed one run and four hits in 5 2-3 innings while striking out six and walking one. The righty took a hard one-hopper to his pitching hand while deflecting Brett Gardners single to start the game, then threw his first warmup pitch to the backstop after that. He also hit a batter and threw a wild pitch in the inning but settled down after despite some mounting soreness. "It got a little worse as the game was going on," he said. The Cubs saluted Jeter before the game, with Castro presenting him a number 2 from the famed Wrigley Field scoreboard at home plate as the crowd cheered. And there was a loud ovation when the Yankees captain batted in the first. Former Cub Soriano also got a warm welcome in his first game at Wrigley Field since the Cubs traded him to New York last July. He was 0 for 4. NOTES: Asked if theres any chance hell play after this season, Soriano said, "Yeah, I feel good." He plans to keep playing if he feels this way at the end of the season. Hes in the final year of an eight-year deal he signed with Chicago before the 2007 season. ... The Yankees wont have to leave town after this two-game series wraps up, with a four-game set at the White Sox opening Thursday. ... Cubs manager Rick Renteria said OF Justin Ruggiano is close to returning from a strained left hamstring but didnt give a specific date. He also said reliever Pedro Strop is "coming along" as he recovers from a strained left groin. ' ' '