Beitrag Di 23. Apr 2019, 02:44

The Winnipeg Goldeyes just keep on winning. Casey Haerther h

The Winnipeg Goldeyes just keep on winning. Casey Haerther hit his fifth homer of the year and starter Ethan Hollingsworth got his first win in front of the Shaw Park crowd, as the Goldeyes beat the Kansas City T-Bones 5-3 in front of 5,078 on a chilly Canada Day afternoon. With the victory, the Fish won their sixth straight (theyve won nine of 10), improved to 29-14 on the season and tightened their stranglehold on first place in the American Associations North Division. "This team is firing on all cylinders right now," said Haerther, who had two hits in four trips and raised his batting average to a league-leading .392. "Ive played on some good teams, but I dont remember many like this. Were pitching well, hitting well and guys are playing great defense. "And it doesnt feel streaky. It feels like were just going out there and playing and when the guys do what they do, we win." Kansas City opened the scoring with a run in the first, but the Goldeyes answered with a pair of runs in the bottom of the inning. In fact, the first four Goldeyes in the lineup hit safely. Tyler Kuhn led off with a single, Josh Mazzola followed with a single, Haerther drove home Kuhn with a single and Ray Sadler drove home Mazzola with another single. Haerther homered in the third to make it 3-1 and then, with two out in the sixth, a solo homer by Reggie Abercrombie made it 4-1 and an RBI double by Ryan Pineda drove home Brock Bond with the fifth Goldeyes run. Kansas City scored a pair in the seventh, but Brendan Lafferty and Chris Kissock came on to shut the door in the eighth and ninth innings and the Goldeyes opened this three-game series with Kansas City with a victory. Hollingsworth (2-0, 2.55 ERA) picked up the win for Winnipeg. Meanwhile, K.C. starter Andy Noga (0-3, 4.53 ERA) suffered the loss. Kissock picked up his team-leading ninth save. "I used my two seam and four seam fastballs and just got ahead of the hitters," said Hollingsworth. "I really didnt throw very many off-speed pitches. I just used the fastball and got some great defense behind me." Gordie Howe Jersey . Team officials travelled to Los Angeles on Thursday night to meet with the free agent, a person with knowledge of the plans said. Detroit Red Wings Jerseys . First reported by FOX Sports Ken Rosenthal, its unknown if the impetus for the deferral proposal came from players or management, but it never left the preliminary stages. http://www.hockeyredwings.info/authenti ... gs-jersey/. LOUIS - Two-thirds of the St. Thomas Vanek Jersey . Its great to be back for another season in Banditland, and Im looking forward to another competitive season with my teammates, said Tavares. Bob Probert Jersey . Hes coming back to fulfil them. One of Europes top coaches, Blatt was hired Friday by the Cavaliers, who ended a sweeping, 39-day search with an out-of-the-box selection they hope changes their fortunes.The Montreal Canadiens annual golf tournament took place Tuesday and that can only mean one thing - hockey season is right around the corner. The Habs open up the 2013-2014 NHL season at home against the Toronto Maple Leafs on October 1 and even though camp doesnt start until September 11, all players were on hand with the exception of Tomas Plekanec and Davis Drewiske. Plekanecs father passed away over the weekend and Drewiske was with his mother who is ill. This was the first official Canadiens event for newcomers Daniel Briere, George Parros and Douglas Murray. One of the questions going into this season is where will Briere fit in the Canadiens lineup. Briere, a centre who was bought out this past offseason by the Philadelphia Flyers, realizes his role on the Habs will most likely be playing on the wing. "That is not an issue at all," said the 35-year-old Gatineau, Quebec native said this morning at Laval-sur-le-Lac golf club. "I can play the right wing, the left wing, in the mmiddle.ddddddddddddquot; Another question surrounding the Habs lineup this season is will Alex Galchenyuk make the move to centre? Head coach Michel Therrien said Galchenyuk will take on more responsibility this season, but would not say if that means having him play down the middle. "Time will tell when Galchenyuk will be ready to be a centreman," Therrien told the media. Tough guy George Parros and captain Brian Gionta are questionable for the start of the season. Parros underwent surgery for a torn rotator cuff in his shoulder at the end of May and Gionta is recovering from a torn biceps tendon in his left arm, he was operated on in May as well. Both players are hoping to be ready for opening night but if not, they are expected to join the team shortly afterwards. Also, Alexei Emelin is not expected back from his knee injury until after late November at the earliest. The teams rookie camp is the next stop on the agenda for the Canadiens, taking place from September 5-9. ' ' '