Beitrag Di 23. Apr 2019, 02:36

The Toronto Blue Jays appear to be looking to upgrade their

The Toronto Blue Jays appear to be looking to upgrade their pitching staff, though theyre not tipping their hand too far. Speaking with reporters on Friday, Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said that once pitcher Masahiro Tanaka signs with an MLB club, some moves could follow for Toronto. "I think once something happens with Tanaka, some things could break. Whether anything happens with us, nobody knows." When asked what general manager Alex Anthopoulos and the Blue Jays management was looking for in the free agent market, Gibbons said they "may be looking at some different pitchers." However he stopped short of saying the Jays need to bring in another player on the mound. "We like the group we have here, we said that all last year, we just didnt play as well as we expected to. As far as the talent we have and players on the field, were very satisfied. Everybodys looking for pitching, there are very few teams who are satisfied where theyre at." As to whether or not the Jays will attempt to make a play for Tanaka, Gibbons said only that the Jays had looked in to him. "Theyre feeling around, seeing whats going on with him but I think most of the teams out there have at least put out some feelers on him. Hes going to make a lot of money, I know that." Gibbons said he knows fans were disappointed by the teams 74-88 record and that the team must improve. "I expect us to be much better this year just with the guys we have, whether there are any more additions or not." Gibbons did point out, however, that theres still time to make moves before the season begins on March 31. "Well see...there are still a couple months before the season starts. Were not sure whats going to happen," said the manager. "I like this group, we like this group." Matthew Tkachuk Jersey .C. -- Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith has been ruled out for Sundays game against the Atlanta Falcons. Johnny Gaudreau Jersey .com) - Matt Duchene picked up the deciding goal early in the third period and added an assist, as Colorado escaped with a 4-3 victory over Dallas at Pepsi Center. http://www.jerseyofficialhockeyflames.c ... ey-jersey/. - Kobe Bryant and LeBron James traded hugs, big shots and verbal jabs all night with warmth and humour. Jarome Iginla Jersey . At Manchester United, Ferguson developed Beckham into one of the worlds most recognizable sportsmen, but the midfielder left United in 2003 for Real Madrid under a cloud after his relationship with the manager broke down. Al MacInnis Jersey . -- Dane Fox scored his 61st and 62nd goals of the season and Brendan Gaunce had a goal and three assists as the Erie Otters downed the Kitchener Rangers 7-3 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action.PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. - Tommy Armour III made a 4-foot birdie putt on the first playoff hole for a one-shot victory over Lee Janzen at the Callaway Pebble Beach Invitational.Armour, who won the event for the third time in its 43-year history, had a final-round 67 for a 14-under 274. He began the day trailing Janzen, the two-time U.S. Open champion, by two shots.The co-leader after three rounds with Andrew Putnam, Janzen finished with a 69.After hitting his tee shot on the 18th hole of regulation onto the beach, Armour recovered with a 17-foot birdie putt to match Janzen at 14 under.Janzen had just made a 30-foot birdie from the front fringe.When I saw the ball on the beach I knew there was no other way, said Armour, the 2007 and 2008 winner who used a 7-iron to get back on the fairway. Ive had that shot before but Ive never made it.Armour, who won the event in 2007 and 2008 when he was on the PGA Tour, joined Mark Brooks as the tournaments only three-time winners.Janzen, who joined the Champions Tour in August, held a two-shot lead at 15 under after 12 holess.dddddddddddd But Janzen, whose last PGA Tour win was the 1998 U.S. Open, then bogeyed twice, while Armour made five straight pars through the 17th.I chunked a wedge on 13 and made bogey and that was the start of it, said Janzen. I hit some bad shots and some good shoots and there were some good things to build on.Janzen and Armour both hit their playoff-hole tee shots on the 18th behind trees. Both players hit low second shots with Janzens effort hitting Armours ball in the fairway.Armour hit his third shot past the hole and it rolled back. Janzen missed an estimated 15-footer birdie before Armours winning putt.Kevin Sutherland, the 2000 winner of the tournament that featured 83 pros from the four major tours as well as mini tour players and club pros, finished alone in third at 10 under after a 67.Bryce Moulder, who shot 64, the final rounds low score, finished with Tommy Gainey (71), Thomas Pieters (71) and Putnam (74) at 9-under.Mina Harigae, the LPGA veteran who was the only woman to make the cut, finished with a 76 and at 4 over 292. ' ' '